2012 Innovation Award Submission Guidelines
2012 Submission Guidelines
Entry Deadline: June 15, 2012
Entry fee: None
- Product or service must have been commercially introduced since January 1, 2011.
- All entries must be submitted online using the official 2012 NFDA Innovation Award form no later than June 15, 2012. Entries received after June 15, 2012, will not be considered.
- Company must be a current exhibitor at the 2012 NFDA International Convention & Expo, October 7-10, 2012, in Charlotte. Booth must be paid in full at time of entry.
- The competition is not open to Innovation Award Sponsors.
- Entries that do not meet all eligibility requirements or do not include supporting documentation and materials will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries and supporting documentation, including brochures, promotional materials, video or Web link, photographs and/or diagrams of the product or service must be submitted online using the official 2012 NFDA Innovation Award form no later than June 15, 2012.
- Entrants are eligible to submit up to three original but separate products or services that have been commercially introduced since January 1, 2011.
- All entry materials must be in English.
- Entries should not contain confidential information, as confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
- The descriptions of the innovative product or service must be 1,000 characters or less (including spaces) for each category (view the Judging Criteria for full category descriptions):
- Originality & Uniqueness
- Quality & Design
- Practicality & Sustainability
- Benefit & Value
- Once an entry is submitted, the form cannot be revised or resubmitted.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The judges reserve the right to defer the award if there is not a suitable entry.Winners may be asked to submit a short article about their product or service for inclusion on the NFDABizExchange.org website and/or in The Director magazine.
- Applicants should be aware that the award may lead to further media interest.